PeakDash

One Of My Favorite Bowler of all time is Shaheen Shah Afridi: Board

Stuart Board is an England Pacer who recently retired from international cricket in July 2023. In his recent interview, Board mentioned that he was a great fan of Pakistani left-arm fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi. 

Pakistani Cricketer Shaheen is playing in the ongoing “The Hundred” for “Welsh Fire.” Shaheen sets fire with his fast bowling and toe-crushing yorkers. Shaheen made his debut in the league “The Hundred” at the Sophia Garden stadium in Cardiff when he faced the Manchester Originals. With his mind-blowing left-arm bowling Shaheen picked the two important wickets for his team Welsh Fire. Shaheen’s first two deliveries eliminated an experienced cricketer’ ‘Phil Salt’ and ‘Laurie Evans.’ 

In a forty-ball game which was postponed due to rain, Welsh Fire won against the Originals. 

Stuart Board recently took retirement from International Cricket after he played an Ashes Test 2023 at Kia Oval. Board almost plays 167 test matches for the England Cricket team. In his recent interview with Sky Sports, Board says, “Shaheen Shah Afridi is one of my favorite bowlers to watch in the world. He has got such a great presence about him when he runs in, and I love bowlers run in with energy and vibrancy to their run-up,”.  

Moreover, Board mentioned that Shaheen Afridi has got such skills naturally. The way Shaheen’s ball swings back toward the right-hander is so delightful to watch. 

He represented the Notts Outlaws this summer, which is close to my heart. He’s one of the bowlers I admire hugely, and I want to see him do well,” Board added.

Shaheen is scheduled to participate in the Asia Cup, which will be held in Pakistan and Sri Lanka from the 30th of August to the 17th of September after the Hundred. Shaheen will also be expected to play a significant part when Pakistan competes in the 2023 World Cup, which is going to take place in India. 

ncG1vNJzZmiin6q%2Fr63Lm5%2BaqpGpe6S7zGimp51dpLNuudhmnZqun6e2tbGMm6awpJWnerCyjJqjpWWknrqmecisZKygkZ2yprqMrJ%2BaoF2Ws7O1w6Jkm6eRp7Fw

Florance Siggers

Update: 2024-05-03